This month we are talking about harnessing the Power of an Apology. If you missed the video from last session, you can check it out HERE
In Jesus’ first public sermon recorded in Matthew 5 there is a hidden gem that might be easily missed.
It is nestled between two scandalous statements about murder and lawsuits. You might skim past it if you’re not looking for it.
In Matthew 5: 23-24 Jesus said that if you come to worship to leave an offering and are reminded of a conflict against a friend, go seek reconciliation with urgency. Then return to the altar and offer the gift of worship.
My question for you today is how could you live the truth of that Scripture today in your home?
Here are some thoughts to get you started answering that question:
Forgiveness Matters- Jesus prioritized forgiveness and reconciliation in this passage. It is essential to healthy relationships and families.
Don’t Wait- There is a sense of urgency in this passage. Jesus placed importance on pursuing reconciliation quickly.
Forgiveness Unleashes Worship- After reconciliation takes place there is an invitation to return to worship God in freedom.
Here are some quick questions to end with today:
- Is there conflict in your home that you are concerned about right now?
- Are you seeking reconciliation with urgency?
- Are you prioritizing forgiveness in your relationships?
- Would your teenager say that your home is a place of grace?
- Let Jesus’ words inspire you today to experience peace in your home and pursue reconciliation in your family.
Feel free to share with me your thoughts about this online parenting class. I look forward to connecting with you next month.